So I hope you’ve read my first article about Marvel‘s Captain America: Civil War (if not catch it here —> Part 1 ).
Now let’s get down to more important things like choosing which side you’re on! And here’s an in depth analysis of both teams!
Team Iron Man/Tony Stark is obviously lead by Tony and they are the ones who support the Superhero Registration Act. There are mainly 5 members on Tony’s side and they are:
- James “Rhodey” Rhodes/War Machine:- There are no surprises there. Colonel Rhodes has been one of Tony’s oldest friends and he will of course stand by his buddy, with the fate of the free world at stake.
- Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow:- This is a bit surprising considering her long history with Clint Barton (who happens to be on team cap) and her friendship with Steve Rogers. And we all know that she hasn’t exactly been the greatest fan of Tony Stark. Clearly something major enough has happened to change her mind.
- Vision:- This is as expected because Vision considers himself as someone who wants only the best for humanity and will do whatever he can to keep them safe. So it’s not surprising that he sides with Tony and the government in order to keep the people safe.
- T’Challa/Black Panther:- The chieftain of the fictional nation of Wakanda, Black Panther’s history with Tony’s family dates back to the days of Howard Stark. This will be his first appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
- Peter Parker/Spiderman:- As the trailer shows, it seems that our friendly neighbourhood web slinger has decided to join Tony. As to how he gets there or why he’s there or if he’ll change his loyalty later on, we don’t have the answers yet. But right now he’s allied with Tony Stark.
Lead by Steve Rogers, they stand against the government and the Superhero Registration Act and stand for freedom. There are mainly 6 members on Steve’s side and they are:
- Clint Barton/Hawkeye:- His choice is quite intriguing considering his long time friendship with Natasha Romanoff (who sides with Tony). But even though he is one of the few who does not have any superpowers he is still a valuable member in Team Cap and a formidable opponent.
- Sharon Carter/Agent 13:- She first appeared in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Looks like Peggy Carter’s daughter has indeed decided to follow her mom and side with Steve Rogers.
- Sam Wilson/Falcon:- He was trained in the military in aerial combat with a special wing pack and also has a robotic drone named Redwing to aid him. As the only member of the team who can fly, he is the one who can face the much more advanced Iron Man suits of Tony Stark.
- Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier:- Steve’s childhood buddy and an enhanced brainwashed assassin, will be seen fighting alongside Cap, hopefully a tad less brainwashed now.
- Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch:- Being loyal to Cap given her distrust of anything Stark Industries related is only logical here. Also her powers in magic can become a great advantage for Cap’s side.
- Scott Lang/Ant Man:- As a petty criminal who went to prison as a social justice warrior, he is someone who will be ready to take on the government when called upon.
So now its your turn to pick sides. Will you choose to stand with Tony Stark? Will you support the government because you believe that what they are about to do is for the good of the people? Will you side with what’s law? Will you stand for the greater good? Will you stand for doing what is necessary for the safety of humanity?
Or will you choose to stand with Steve Rogers? Will you stand for freedom? Will you stand for what you believe in? Do you think too much control is bad? Will you support anonymity?
I personally choose Team Iron Man. But don’t let that affect you. Now it’s your turn to choose.
Whose side are you on?