- Chicken – 1 kg
- Onions – 2 nos, thinly sliced
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, chopped
- Garlic – 10 cloves, chopped
- Curry leaves – about 20 leaves
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped (to garnish)
- Tomato – 1 small, chopped
- Coriander powder – 2 tablespoons
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground spices (cardamom, cloves and cinnamon) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil – 4 tablespoons
- Heat the oil, add ingredients 3 and 4 and saute for 1/2 mins.
- Add ingredient 2 and stir till it turns light to golden brown.
- Add ingredients 8 to 13 and stir till aroma arises.
- Add ingredient 7 and stir.
- Add water, about 3 cups.
- When the gravy begins to boil, add the chicken.
- Cook till chicken cooks well and gravy is desired consistency (add more water if necessary).
- Add ingredient 5 and remove from the stove.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This is my mother’s recipe the way she makes it. Chicken curry is one of my personal favourites which I enjoy most with either chappatis or white bread. I hope you guys will definitely try it out and I hope you’ll love it!
Until next time!