Last week during my 10 day vacation (which went by very very fast) after the first term in school, I tried baking this cake and I absolutely loved it! Its very simple and you guys should really really try it out!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 3 – 9 inch round cake pans. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth. Set aside to let the mixture cool. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in another bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at time, then stir in vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture. Spread batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- The time needed to bake it will vary according to each oven. I had to bake it for an extra few minutes.
- If you like you can add cream between the layers and pour melted dark chocolate over the assembled cake or add choco chips or decorate it in any other way you like.
- I ate it with butterscotch ice cream and it was simply yum!
I hope you’ll try this because it’s a must-try for all chocolate lovers! If you don’t like dark chocolate you can use milk chocolate or any other chocolate you like. Enjoy!
PS: The pictures aren’t that great…