So this is going to be a quick and super easy recipe for making yummy carrot halwa. I tweaked the orginal recipe (A LOT)… My version pretty much needs about 4 ingredients 😝 So here it is!
- Grated carrots – 2 1/2 cups
- Milk – 2 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 8 tablespoons
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Mix the grated carrots and milk together in a pan.
- Keep on fire and allow the mixture to simmer and cook stirring occasionally.
- After 15-20 mins (when mixture has started thickening) add the sugar and ghee and mix well.
- When mixture is almost dry, take it off the heat.
- Garnish with dry fruits. (optional)
See, I told you it was super easy! I found the orginal recipe to be a bit complicated and that’s the reason I changed it a lot. It uses almond paste, cardamom and lots of dry fruits (I don’t like these in my desserts 😝). Be sure to check it out too!
With Diwali just around the corner, carrot halwa is just the thing to try out this coming weekend. I hope you’ll try it out and I know you’ll love it!
Untill next time. Thank you for reading!
PS: I can’t believe that this is my 5th recipe on my blog!! I never thought that I’d be posting recipes let alone cooking all these dishes when I started my blog!! If you’d like to read the recipes to the other delicious delicacies I’ve tried out before, you can find the link HERE!!!