Like I said in my last post, I’m entering a contest held by The Stylish Dreamer (its awesome and today is the last day to enter so you’ve still got time if you want to and here’s a link to her orginal post). It’s all about spreading positivity which I think is a really great idea because lets face it, positivity has been something that has been lacking in today’s world. So I’m required to post on positivity (along with a few other requirements). And here is my post!!
I was thinking about what I’d write and I wanted to do something different. I didn’t want to blab on and on like a bad philosophical book so I thought why not take a more practical approach to it? Yes we talk about positivity but why exactly do we need it? Isn’t it just easier to think negative? (Because THAT sure comes easily) Well you’ll find that it’s not and so here it is!
5 reasons why you need positivity in your life
- No stress:-When you think positive it obviously reduces negative thoughts and also worries and tensions which will of course result in a very stress free life.
- Great first impression:- If you are a positive person it will reflect in your actions and words and people will notice that when they meet you. This will create a great first impression and help you in many situations like competitive interviews.
- Helps to turn a problem into your favor:- If you are a positive thinker, then you can find opportunities in the problems that arise in your life. This will help you to face the problem and turn them in your favor.
- Better relationships:- If you think positive you will avoid finding faults and seeing only the negative things in people and that will help you have better relationships with your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and almost anyone.
- Good health:- Positive thinking will of course increase mental and physical health. It’ll help you keep away from diseases and postive thinkers rarely fall into depression. Many a times you can find that people may fall sick if they have too many bad thoughts. So positive thinking keeps you healthy.
So now you’ve got reasons to be positive. But how exactly can you be positive? And so here are,
5 ways to bring positivity in your life
- Consciously try to think positive:- This may sound obvious but if you really make an effort you will find that you can think positive more and gradually you’ll do it automatically.
- A good meal and a good night’s rest:- Aren’t we all crabby and snappy when we’re hungry or tired? A satisfying meal and getting enough sleep will definitely keep you in good spirits and increase your positivity.
- Read and listen to positive things:- However sceptical you may be, a good motivational or positive thinking book or speech can do wonders for you. Even if you don’t get what’s in the book or audio, your mind will unconsciously start being more positive.
- Do things that make you happy:- You may have a very busy schedule, but find time to do things that make you happy. Maybe it’s an old forgotten hobby or spending time with someone you love. More happiness of course, equals more positivity.
- Find the silver lining:- Yes this too is an obvious thing that many people are sceptical of. But if you force yourself (I say force because this maybe exceptionally hard to do sometimes) to find atleast a good thing in a problem, you’ll find yourself gradually doing that automatically. If you find a positive thing in a problem then you could use it to your advantage and find new opportunities in a problem. It gives you the confidence to face the problem head on rather than leave it for later.
And here’s one more bonus point that I personally assure you will definitely bring positivity to your life. And it is
- Spread positivity to the people around you:- Be kind, help someone out, give random surprises to your loved ones, comfort someone if they’re feeling low or simply smile at someone. You never know what could make someone’s day. And I promise the more you make others happy the more you’ll feel happy.
So there you go! You’ve got reasons to be positive and you know how to bring it in your life! Be happy, be positive, be kind and don’t let negative thoughts get you down.
Would you say that you’re a positive person? Tell me what you think of this post and whether it will help you. I’d love to hear what you guys have to say on this.
Untill next time!