Like I said in my last post, I’m entering a contest held by The Stylish Dreamer (its awesome and today is the last day to enter so you’ve still got time if you want to and here’s a link to her orginal post). It’s all about spreading positivity which I think is a really great idea because lets face it, positivity has been something that has been lacking in today’s world. So I’m required to post on positivity (along with a few other requirements). And here is my post!!
I was thinking about what I’d write and I wanted to do something different. I didn’t want to blab on and on like a bad philosophical book so I thought why not take a more practical approach to it? Yes we talk about positivity but why exactly do we need it? Isn’t it just easier to think negative? (Because THAT sure comes easily) Well you’ll find that it’s not and so here it is!
5 reasons why you need positivity in your life
- No stress:-When you think positive it obviously reduces negative thoughts and also worries and tensions which will of course result in a very stress free life.
- Great first impression:- If you are a positive person it will reflect in your actions and words and people will notice that when they meet you. This will create a great first impression and help you in many situations like competitive interviews.
- Helps to turn a problem into your favor:- If you are a positive thinker, then you can find opportunities in the problems that arise in your life. This will help you to face the problem and turn them in your favor.
- Better relationships:- If you think positive you will avoid finding faults and seeing only the negative things in people and that will help you have better relationships with your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and almost anyone.
- Good health:- Positive thinking will of course increase mental and physical health. It’ll help you keep away from diseases and postive thinkers rarely fall into depression. Many a times you can find that people may fall sick if they have too many bad thoughts. So positive thinking keeps you healthy.
So now you’ve got reasons to be positive. But how exactly can you be positive? And so here are,
5 ways to bring positivity in your life
- Consciously try to think positive:- This may sound obvious but if you really make an effort you will find that you can think positive more and gradually you’ll do it automatically.
- A good meal and a good night’s rest:- Aren’t we all crabby and snappy when we’re hungry or tired? A satisfying meal and getting enough sleep will definitely keep you in good spirits and increase your positivity.
- Read and listen to positive things:- However sceptical you may be, a good motivational or positive thinking book or speech can do wonders for you. Even if you don’t get what’s in the book or audio, your mind will unconsciously start being more positive.
- Do things that make you happy:- You may have a very busy schedule, but find time to do things that make you happy. Maybe it’s an old forgotten hobby or spending time with someone you love. More happiness of course, equals more positivity.
- Find the silver lining:- Yes this too is an obvious thing that many people are sceptical of. But if you force yourself (I say force because this maybe exceptionally hard to do sometimes) to find atleast a good thing in a problem, you’ll find yourself gradually doing that automatically. If you find a positive thing in a problem then you could use it to your advantage and find new opportunities in a problem. It gives you the confidence to face the problem head on rather than leave it for later.
And here’s one more bonus point that I personally assure you will definitely bring positivity to your life. And it is
- Spread positivity to the people around you:- Be kind, help someone out, give random surprises to your loved ones, comfort someone if they’re feeling low or simply smile at someone. You never know what could make someone’s day. And I promise the more you make others happy the more you’ll feel happy.
So there you go! You’ve got reasons to be positive and you know how to bring it in your life! Be happy, be positive, be kind and don’t let negative thoughts get you down.
Would you say that you’re a positive person? Tell me what you think of this post and whether it will help you. I’d love to hear what you guys have to say on this.
Untill next time!
Your goals for the next 30 days.
First of all I’d like to say how proud I am to have completed this challenge without missing a single day. This challenge has definitely helped me to be able to write about a random topic. It’s also helped me in learning to write with a given deadline. So I’m pretty satisfied with this.
As for my goals for the next thirty days, I won’t be doing any other challenges like this one. As I said in my last post, my final year in school has started so I’ll need to concentrate more on my studies. I won’t be able to write as much I want to. So the goals for my blog for the next ten months is to post atleast twice a week, to write about more deeper topics and to improve my writing.
So this is the end of my blogging challenge. I’m really happy that I did this. Thank you to everyone who reads my pretty boring posts. Hope you’ll continue reading and please tell me your opinion and ways to improve my writing.
Untill next time!
List 10 people you would invite to dinner and include the dinner menu.
There are lots of people I would like to invite to dinner. But for a change I think that I will choose fictional characters for this. I think that it would be pretty fun to meet these characters about whom I’ve read in a book or watched in a movie or from anywhere else. So the 10 fictional characters who I would like to invite to dinner are:
- Loki from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Damon Salvatore from The Vampire diaries
- Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter series
- Hazel Grace from The Fault In Our Stars
- Natasha Romanoff from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games series
- Lucy Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia
- Leo from the Percy Jackson series
- Mia from The Princess Diaries
- Tony Stark from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
I think that if these people were real then meeting them would be a very fun experience. When we like fictional characters very much we start to consider them as real people. (Atleast I do… Is that weird?) I think there’ll be many people who would like to meet their favourite fictional characters. This is why I chose these particular people.
The dinner menu:
Being an Indian I would give them food from the Indian cuisine itself. I would serve them a three course dinner.
For starters I’d serve Vellayappam with Beef Stew. Vellayappam is a traditional food from Kerala, made from rice and coconut. It resembles pancakes somewhat.
For the main course I’d serve Chicken Biriyani with a side dish of fried fish. Biriyani is a dish loved all over India and with freshly caught and fried fish with it, it would make it perfect (although I personally hate fish).
For dessert I would serve Rasgulla. A sweet treat made with paneer and sugar syrup it’s a dessert that all Indians love.
This is definitely going on my so-desirable-but-impossible list! 😝
Bye for now!
Something that you miss.
My friends. They are definitely what I miss right now. It’s been summer vacation for 2 months and it’s been so long since I’ve seen them so I miss them sooo much right now. Classes start tomorrow for me and I can’t wait to see them! I miss our jokes, our songs, our lunchtimes, our petty fights, goofing off with them and pretty much everything…
There are also my friends from 10th grade. Most of us went to different schools after that so it’s been a year since we’ve seen each other. I wonder if they’ve changed in the past year… So yeah that’s what I miss. I’m starting my final year in school tomorrow! Wow, time flies by so quick! More tomorrow!
A problem you have or have had in the past.
That would definitely be my eyesight. I was born with cataract. So I had a surgery when I was a baby that removed the cataract (which were on the lens in my eyes so they had to be removed), so I had to wear thick glasses untill I had another surgery in the summer of 2013. I don’t have glasses anymore but neither do I have full eyesight. So yeah that is a problem I had, still have and will always have.
There’s actually another post on this topic so if you’d like to read it check it out here!
If you had 1 million dollars to spend, how would you spend it?
Wow um.. 1 million dollars is approximately equal to 6 crore, 70 lakh in Indian Rupees… That is a lot of money to spend… The first thing I’d do is pay off all my parents’ debts. From the rest I’d probably put half in the bank (as savings) for any unexpected expense in the future (like if a loved one falls sick and needs money for their treatment). Yes I will definitely give to charity (half of what’s left). I think that’s what people with money should do. Help those who are less fortunate. And the last bit that’s left, yep definitely spending that. 😝 I’d buy something for all my family and friends (especially my parents and grandparents). I’d buy my teachers something. I’d donate some to my church. I’d travel to lots of places (with my parents and friends). I’d buy myself books…. and more books… 😉 Food and clothes? Yes definitely!
So that’s about it I think. That’s how I’d spend it if I had 1 million dollars!
Someone who fascinates you and why.
Charlie Chaplin is someone who fascinates me a lot. I haven’t seen many films of his but the ones I have seen, I have absolutely loved. He is a superb actor but what makes him a fascinating person is how he can evoke so many emotions in the people who watch his films. And that too without a single word.
When I watched his films, I laughed at the jokes and the silly things he did, I was embarrassed for him when he embarrassed himself, I was angry at the people in the movie for treating him or anyone else in the movie in a bad way, I cried at some of the most touching parts. And I thought about what all of it meant at the end of the movie.
One person being able to evoke so many feelings in another human being without speaking, without being overly dramatic (like a lot of movies these days are) and without even knowing each other is truly a very very great capability (‘great capability’ is an understatement here). Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin was truly a great soul who walked our earth.
Favorite movie and what it is about.
There are lots of movies that I absolutely love and it’s really hard picking a favorite. But I think I’m gonna go with Om Shanti Oshana. This is a malayalam (my mother tongue) movie starring Nivin Pauly and Nasriya Naseem. It’s a very beautiful love story and I love it a lot.
Om Shanti Oshana is a romantic comedy film which came out in 2014. It is the story of a young girl (Pooja), how she falls in love, gets turned down by the guy (Giri) when she asks him out but still goes on with her life never forgetting him or her love for him. In between we can find many funny situations Pooja is stuck in along with her friends and sometimes her cousin. We can basically find many situations an Indian teen girl had to go through in this movie. A doctor’s daughter she too becomes a doctor and coincidentally meets Giri again from the hospital (being an MBBS student). They become friends and from there Giri too falls in love with Pooja.
From the way I’ve described it, it seems like a really boring and sappy movie but its actually really good. I have no idea how to describe it any way else. It’s really funny, it’s story is very touching, they way the story is narrated by Pooja herself is a nice touch. The actors have executed their roles very well. The film also went on to receive 3 state film awards. Overall it’s a great film and definitely a must watch for all Indians.
Post 5 pictures of famous people you find attractive.
1. Ayushmann Khurrana. Actor, singer, VJ, etc.
2. Tom Hiddleston. Actor.
3. Simon Baker. Actor.
4. Armaan Malik. Singer.
5. Ian Somerhalder. Actor.
How have you changed the past two years?
I don’t think I’ve changed in many major ways in the past two years. Well there is something that could be counted as major. I started studying more. After not getting the desired results in 10 grade, I studied so much more in the 11 grade. I got good grades for mostly every exam and class test. I hope to continue this and hope I’ll finish 12 grade with excellent marks.
Something else is that my temper has gotten better. I used to get mad for little things before but I don’t -so much- now. I do get angry but not for every small thing. I can stay pretty calm when I should be exploding sometimes. I think that’s a great change for me.
Physically too I haven’t changed much. I grew a bit taller and a bit heavier (!!!). I cut my waist length hair upto my shoulders in 2014 (No it wasn’t on purpose. It was just cut off the end where it’s damaged). It grew back and now I’ve cut it again just a bit (the desired length this time thank God!). And that’s it I think.
That’s the changes I’ve had in the past two years. How have you changed?