Happy 2018! (I realize I might be – quite possibly – a bit late in saying so). I hope you’ve had an amazing year so far. How was your 2017? Mine was… Well I think it was one of the best years of my life. Sure it hasn’t all been fun and games but a lot of good things did happen too, far more than the negative things I’d say. A lot of things happened in my life, the biggest being me finishing school and starting college. I met a lot of new people, made a lot of memories, traveled to new places and had many new experiences in 2017. I’d say travelling to Singapore with my parents was one of the best things that happened in 2017. I finished my book goal of 60 books (with exactly 60 books – whew that was close), I performed a few times onstage getting a bit more confidence to face my stage fear and I got great grades in my last year of school (which is like a REALLY huge thing here, more so than other places), so yeah I’ve done a few things to make myself proud (finally!). Now, I think I’ll leave it at that and not go into all the negative things that happened, right?
Moving on… I’ve been thinking of writing this post since December but due to my excessive amounts of procrastination, I have successfully managed to drag it into practically the middle of February. Anyway, 2017 has given us some great music, films, books etc and here are some of them which I think are the best of 2017.
The Best Books of 2017
Now, these are the best books that I read in 2017 and not only ones that have been published in 2017. I read a lot of books last year (60 to be precise) but only a few of them managed to leave a mark in my mind. And here are the 5 books that I most loved from what I read in 2017.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
- How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern
- The Monstrous Child by Francesca Simon
The Best Music of 2017
2017 has seen the wild popularity of songs like Despacito and Shape of You in the music industry and yes they are included in my list because I did like those songs a lot. So here are the 10 songs that I loved the most from 2017 (there are 10 because I just couldn’t stop at 5).
- Despacito by Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee
- Shape of You by Ed Sheeran
- Havana by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug
- Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift
- What Lovers Do by Maroon 5
- Dusk Till Dawn by ZAYN ft, Sia
- Attention by Charlie Puth
- i hate u, i love u by Gnash ft. Olivia O’Brien
- Naked by James Arthur
- Paris by The Chainsmokers
The Best Movies of 2017
So being a Marvel fan, I literally dragged my father along to watch 3 Marvel movies last year (as my parents won’t let me go alone to watch movies), and those 3 were definitely amazing. Apart from those, the movies I watched from the theatre were Malayalam movies (Malayalam is my mother tongue). So like I did with the books, I think I’ll just list the best movies I watched in 2017 and not just ones that were released in 2017.
- La La Land(2016)
- Thor: Ragnarok(2017)
- Aanandam(2016) (That’s a Malayalam movie)
- Spiderman: Homecoming(2017)
- Captain America: Civil War(2017)
(Which shows that I’m not a Marvel fan. Nope definitely not a fan)
The Best Trends of 2017
Like all years, 2017 too had it’s fair share of trends and things that went viral. And so here are 5 of them that I thought were most interesting.
- Fidget spinners (This one was obvious)
- Slime (This too)
- Bitcoin (I still have no clue)
- 13 Reasons Why (The TV show that managed to create the same amount of hype Game of Thrones did)
- Donald Trump (Yes this is a person but he did manage to become a trend in 2017)
And so that’s it! I sincerely hope I will post more this year. I love to write but I just HATE typing so much… Is that weird? And are the endings of my posts really awkward?
Anyway what do you think of my lists? Which were your favorite songs and books and movies? Did you follow these trends too? Is there anything you think I missed? What was the best part of your 2017? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Until next time!