Like I said in my last post, I’m entering a contest held by The Stylish Dreamer (its awesome and today is the last day to enter so you’ve still got time if you want to and here’s a link to her orginal post). It’s all about spreading positivity which I think is a really great idea because lets face it, positivity has been something that has been lacking in today’s world. So I’m required to post on positivity (along with a few other requirements). And here is my post!!
I was thinking about what I’d write and I wanted to do something different. I didn’t want to blab on and on like a bad philosophical book so I thought why not take a more practical approach to it? Yes we talk about positivity but why exactly do we need it? Isn’t it just easier to think negative? (Because THAT sure comes easily) Well you’ll find that it’s not and so here it is!
5 reasons why you need positivity in your life
- No stress:-When you think positive it obviously reduces negative thoughts and also worries and tensions which will of course result in a very stress free life.
- Great first impression:- If you are a positive person it will reflect in your actions and words and people will notice that when they meet you. This will create a great first impression and help you in many situations like competitive interviews.
- Helps to turn a problem into your favor:- If you are a positive thinker, then you can find opportunities in the problems that arise in your life. This will help you to face the problem and turn them in your favor.
- Better relationships:- If you think positive you will avoid finding faults and seeing only the negative things in people and that will help you have better relationships with your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and almost anyone.
- Good health:- Positive thinking will of course increase mental and physical health. It’ll help you keep away from diseases and postive thinkers rarely fall into depression. Many a times you can find that people may fall sick if they have too many bad thoughts. So positive thinking keeps you healthy.
So now you’ve got reasons to be positive. But how exactly can you be positive? And so here are,
5 ways to bring positivity in your life
- Consciously try to think positive:- This may sound obvious but if you really make an effort you will find that you can think positive more and gradually you’ll do it automatically.
- A good meal and a good night’s rest:- Aren’t we all crabby and snappy when we’re hungry or tired? A satisfying meal and getting enough sleep will definitely keep you in good spirits and increase your positivity.
- Read and listen to positive things:- However sceptical you may be, a good motivational or positive thinking book or speech can do wonders for you. Even if you don’t get what’s in the book or audio, your mind will unconsciously start being more positive.
- Do things that make you happy:- You may have a very busy schedule, but find time to do things that make you happy. Maybe it’s an old forgotten hobby or spending time with someone you love. More happiness of course, equals more positivity.
- Find the silver lining:- Yes this too is an obvious thing that many people are sceptical of. But if you force yourself (I say force because this maybe exceptionally hard to do sometimes) to find atleast a good thing in a problem, you’ll find yourself gradually doing that automatically. If you find a positive thing in a problem then you could use it to your advantage and find new opportunities in a problem. It gives you the confidence to face the problem head on rather than leave it for later.
And here’s one more bonus point that I personally assure you will definitely bring positivity to your life. And it is
- Spread positivity to the people around you:- Be kind, help someone out, give random surprises to your loved ones, comfort someone if they’re feeling low or simply smile at someone. You never know what could make someone’s day. And I promise the more you make others happy the more you’ll feel happy.
So there you go! You’ve got reasons to be positive and you know how to bring it in your life! Be happy, be positive, be kind and don’t let negative thoughts get you down.
Would you say that you’re a positive person? Tell me what you think of this post and whether it will help you. I’d love to hear what you guys have to say on this.
Untill next time!
Hello everyone!!! Finally my exams are over and I can finally start writing (more) again! As you can see from the title, its my one year BLOGOVERSARY!!!!!! I cannot believe it’s been a year. Last year I never even thought about starting a blog. And now here I am! I’ve got 196 AWESOME followers! I cannot believe so many people have actually liked what I write. Each like, each comment and each follow, it really means a whole lot to me. So a HUUUGGEEEEE thank you to my amazing followers and to all the people who’ve read my posts, who’ve liked and commented. Thank you to the wonderful people who’ve tagged me and nominated me for awards. And just gaahhh thank you!!!! I’m not really doing anything special for the blogoversary mostly because I have no idea what to do… (Suggestions are more than welcome!)
Anyway I was in 12th grade this year which means I’m going to college next year! Omg I can’t believe it!!! Me??!!! In college????? It still hasn’t sort of sunk in that I’ve finished my school education. I still sort of expect to go back to class after a few days. I went past my school today and that’s when it hit me… It won’t be my school anymore. I won’t sit in that class again, those teachers will never take classes for me again, I won’t ever study with those students again… On one side it seems perfectly normal because of course I knew this day would come but on the other side it’s too much to take in and I still can’t believe its happening… I have no idea where 11th grade went I mean… WHERE IS IT?? Looking back, these past two years have been a blur. Maybe it was because I was having fun. But however fast the years went I did make friendships to last a lifetime and also beautiful memories. I have no idea how I’ll make it through college without my crazy best friend by my side.
Anyway that’s it. I’m also entering a contest held by the awesome The Stylish Dreamer. You guys should really join because it’s an awesome contest and it spreads positivity! Here’s a link to the orginal post for the full details! So I’ll be posting on positivity for the contest so look out for that!
Until next time!
Hello everyone! I know I haven’t been posting much but I have exams going on which will finish this Tuesday (Finally!!). Meanwhile I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Ally Mare from Write Ally! Write! Do check out this awesome blog of beautiful poems and haikus. And thank you so much for the nomination. Receiving awards always mean so much to me.
Moving on, the RULES are:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
So here are 7 FACTS about me:
- I’m currently in my final year of school. (Finals are going on)
- I’m a huge potterhead and marvel fan. (Along with quite a lot of other fandoms)
- On a related note, I’m a Hufflepuff and my favorite superhero happens to be Iron man.
- I’m an Aries. (Birthday in a few days eek!)
- I can get emotional quickly.
- I don’t have a very large group of friends but I’m very close with the ones I have.
- I don’t use makeup.
Here are my NOMINATIONS:
- The Stylish Dreamer
- My Independent Wings
- Recipe that’s Easy
- My Bookish Life
- Writing With Style
- Writings to Heaven
- A Word of Substance
I know it says 10… But I’m 2 short… Oops😳
Anyway to my nominees, I know that you may have received this award a zillion times but please let me know if you decide to do this!
Untill next time!
They shook their heads in disapproval seeing the news about the gruesome rape. But alas, only when one of their own met the same fate did they say now is the time to act.
Prompt: Now Is The Time
Source: The Scrawled Stories
I thought I’d write something related to the happenings of recent times.
Developed are we? Advanced? And this is how we treat our women. What’s the use of celebrating women’s day if these are the news we find on that very day?
A Woman’s Plight
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to everyone who has made this possible!! Its such a nice thing to know that people read what I write and that they like it! Last year if someone had told me that I’d have a blog now AND have a thousand likes I would have just laughed. Thank you to my lovely readers for making this possible!!!
This happens to be one of my most favorite quotes and it’s from my favorite book too… I love this quote so much because I think that pain really does demand to be felt. One can never suppress pain for a long time. It will have to come out sooner or later and sometimes it will consume us for a while. Pain is something that can demand our attention and our lives unlike anything else. It’s not exactly an optimistic quote but I still think it’s beautiful.
Is it too late to post this? *frantically running around trying to convince people it isn’t* Well anyway I wanted to post earlier but I couldn’t due to heaps of school work… Board exams are coming in March and it’s the last minute rush for doing everything at school so I never get time to write😭
Moving on… Here are the top 5 books that I read in 2016!
- Rumour has it – Jill Mansell
A sweet love story about a girl falling for the town’s playboy, this book managed to capture my heart. The falling-for-the-player thing may seem a common plot but this book was funny, sweet, romantic and heartbreaking at all the right places. It’s very beautiful and this book has a way of making the overused and common plotline into something interesting and heart warming.
- Take a chance on me – Jill Mansell
By the same author as Rumour Has It this book is also another sweet love story. Cleo Quinn is looking for her Mr.Right but can’t seem to find him anywhere. But when she starts to fall for her old high school bully she doesn’t want to hope. Again a common plot made into something beautiful by Jill Mansell. I loved Cleo’s character and I would have loved to meet someone like that in real life. Jill Mansell has a way of turning the story around in the final few pages and making sure it stays with the readers.
- The Maze Runner Series – James Dashner
I read all the books except The Fever Code in one go and I loved it. I happen to love The Hunger Games and the Divergent series, so its no wonder that I liked these too. A captivating and adventurous story set in a post apocalyptic world, with a hooking plot.
- Rachel’s Holiday – Marian Keyes
Rachel Walsh doesn’t have a problem with drugs. She’s completely in control (or so she thinks) and is shocked when she’s put into rehab by her family and friends. Rachel is in no way a perfect character. She has flaws just like any human and that is what makes the story even better. When I read the book I felt her emotions, I believed what she believed even when I knew it wasn’t the truth and that is a rare quality in a book. The book literally made me cry with the character’s grief and in a second those same tears changed into ones of joy. Another book that’s turned completely around in the final few pages, I haven’t felt so satisfied after finishing a book in a long time.
Another one of John Green’s heartbreaking and brilliant books, Paper Towns is a story that will stick with the readers for a long time. A story in which Quentin ‘Q’ Jacobsen embarks on a journey with his friends to find Margo Roth Spiegelman, his childhood crush, who is missing but has left them a breadcrumb trail to follow. The book shows the transformation of the characters from teens to adults and how they accept that life is not easy. But it isn’t written in an overly serious way. Its funny and serious exactly where it’s supposed to be. It doesn’t have a perfect ending and neither does life which is exactly the point the author wants to convey. The only disappointment was that the characters are almost exactly the same in Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska… But other than that an almost perfect book!
And so that’s it! Have you read any of these books? Did you like it as much as I did? I would love to know!
Untill next time!
It’s definitely been a long time… I hope you guys are enjoying your holidays. I’m sorry I haven’t posted for a month(!) I’ve been pretty busy with my second terminal exams, special classes which started the next day after Christmas and tons of assignments…
Even though I didn’t have many holidays I did enjoy Christmas and I got to meet an old friend after a long time on Christmas eve! I enjoyed decorating the Christmas tree with my parents. And here are a few pictures!
But back to the point of the post… 2016 comes to an end today and I thought I’d write about the highlights of my blog this year!
Well I started my blog this year in march. I never thought I’d get the response I am getting now for my blog. I never thought so many of you would read what I write! I found some pretty awesome blogs out here and made friends with my fellow bloggers. Here are just some of the awesome things 2016 brought about for my blog!
- I have 170 amazing followers! (Thank you so much! It means so much to me!!)
- I got almost a 1000 likes! (958 to be precise)
- I wrote 88 posts.
- I’ve received 4 awards!
These are just some of the amazing things that I’m grateful for.
I’ve written 88 posts so far and here are 5 of them which I feel are the best that I’ve written.
- 10 Things Introverts Want You To Know
- Micro Story 4
- Why I Love Writing And Why You Should Too
- 5 Tips To Deal With Stress
- 7 Things Harry Potter Taught Me About Life
My goals for my blog for 2017:
They’re pretty simple… Try to get 300 followers and be more consistent in my writing!
2016 wasn’t such a good year for many but for me it was actually alright. It was a good year and I hope the next will be even better.
So that’s the wrap up for my blog for 2016. I hope all of you had a fantastic year and hoping the next will be great for all of you too!
Hello everyone! I tried this little cooking experiment today and I thought I’d share it with you guys. Its a strawberry flavored cake but its not your average cake. Oh no!
It has only 2 ingredients. Instant pudding mix and eggs! The pudding mix has been sitting on the kitchen counter for quite a few days now because I didn’t like the chocolate flavored one I made before. So I thought why not try to make a (sort of) cake? Its very easy to make. Its not even baked really (talk about cheating!).
Just blend the contents of an 80gm packet of instant pudding mix (which you can buy from any supermarket) with 3 eggs and microwave (yes microwave) it for 5 minutes! The cake is done! It turned out pretty well but it only serves 2.
Its a pretty simple and easy thing to make to satisfy your sweet tooth. I had fun experimenting on this today!
Thanks for reading. Untill next time!